Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Patience

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12 (NIV)
When I wake up in the morning I have my set routine. After my shower, I will go to the kitchen to make my coffee. This is one of my treasured moments. The first sip of coffee warms my heart. For a brief moment I am at peace. Then I glance at the clock and get myself into panic mode. I only have a short time to get ready. I put on my clothes that  I picked out the night before. Then there is hair and of course my makeup. I can't leave the house without my makeup on. Then I try and figure out what shoes to wear. I usually get the assistance of my 10 year old daughter for the final OK. My outward appearance maybe just right to start the day, but is my heart ready to start the day? hmm. Driving to work I was very quickly reminded that I did not clothe myself with patience. I apparently had not put the lid of my coffee mug on correctly, hence the wet coffee spot on my blouse. Then there is everyone driving so slow in front of me. I certainly was not patient today.  I definetly was not gentle with my words. This is not the way to start the day representing Jesus Christ. There are so many watching my walk as a Christian, my daughter especially. Tomorrow morning when I wake up I will certainly be thinking of another clothing outfit. I will start my day with God's word and clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. How about you? Are you changing into another outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment